Smart Grid Watch
Siemens Smart Grid Software Leadership Conference: May 5-7, Orlando
From analytics to demand response and more, software is what makes the smart grid truly smart. On May 5-7, utility leaders and IT professionals gathered in Orlando, Florida to discuss trends in smart grid software, share best practices, and learn about next-generation technology to help utilities maximize benefits from smart grid initiatives at the Siemens Smart Grid Software Leadership Conference 2014
Interviews with key speakers: Get a glimpse of what"s in store for this conference:
- Jesse Berst, Founder and Chairman, Smart Cities Council, delivered this keynote address: Reinventing Electricity (and Your Important Role). (See interview)
- Larsh Johnson, CTO, Siemens Smart Grid Services, moderated a panel on big data lessons from entertainment and healthcare that can benefit utilities.
- Chris King, Global Chief Regulatory Officer for Siemens Smart Grid Services, on how utilities can transform their business model while staying ahead of the regulatory curve.
- John Cooper, Business Development Manager for Siemens Business Transformation Services, on how the smart grid spurs creativity to transform the utility business model.
- Valerio Pazzini, Global Head, Siemens eCar Solution, on the role of electromobility in smart cities.
- Sumeet Ganju, Product Manager for eMeter, a Siemens Business, previewing a new analytics product focused on revenue protection.
In addition, breakout sessions addressed core utility business and operations questions, such as:
- What happens when a utility integrates SCADA, AMI and demand response to create virtual power plants and new business models?
- How are utilities actively managing rooftop photovoltaic and other distributed resources to avoid voltage surges and transformer overloads?
- How do can utilities maximize the business value from smart meters, grid sensors and operational data?
- Why are top utilities turning to the cloud to increase profits and improve operations? When does it make sense to leverage the cloud?
Siemens provides many IT solutions that optimize grid information and communication -- especially EnergyIP, the leading platform for smart grid applications (by eMeter, a Siemens Business). This conference featured updates and tips about these products and services.